Many of today's homeowners are looking for maintenance free solutions for the exterior surfaces of their homes, and stucco has emerged as one of the top choices. Stucco is color-fast, does not chip and peel, and adds a clean, modern look to a home's exterior. Colorado's harsh weather conditions and architectural styling have made stucco the obvious alternative to siding and brick exteriors.
Our Stucco Process
Stucco over siding and brick is our practice. It is a science which has been perfected by our stucco applicators from years of experience and proven techniques. The typical stucco project will take approximately two weeks to complete from start to finish, and all permits and inspections will be adhered to throughout every stage of the project.
- All window, door, and body trim will be pulled off the home.
- Double 60 minute paper (code is double 20 minute paper) and 20 guage lathe will wrap all surfaces to be stuccoed, and a self adhesive urethane sealer will be applied around all doors and windows.
- Weep screens will be added to the bottom of the home to allow for moisture drainage.
- 2"x 6" pop-outs will be added around all window and door openings.
- Omega Diamond Wall, a fiber based brown coat will be applied to all surfaces as a 1/2" base coat.
- Once the brown coat is cured, an elastomeric primer is applied prior to top coat. The primer is color matched to the stucco color chosen.
- We use Omega Akrolastic Stucco as our finish coat. Akrolastic is a textured, elastomeric finish that provides greater elasticity and weather resistance than standard acrylic finishes. The additional elasticity allows Akrolastic finishes to bridge hairline cracks, and is available in several different colors and textures.
A popular architectural addition to finish off the look of a beautiful new stucco project is natural stone accents. We offer many product and design choices, as well as dry-stack and wet-stack options.
Greg Unseth Painting & Exteriors will back your stucco project with a full 10 year labor and material warranty, covering cracking, chipping, color retention and fading.